If you are looking for an answer to how to fix Canon 5012 in the MX472 model, first, ensure that the ink tanks are inserted properly. Alternatively, you can disconnect the power cord from the printer and wait for about 20 seconds. Reconnect the cable and switch on the printer to check if the issue has been resolved.
- 1 What is a 5012 error on a Canon printer?
- 2 How do I get my Canon printer out of error mode?
- 3 How do I get printer out of error state?
- 4 Why does my Canon printer keep saying error?
- 5 How do I fix printer error?
- 6 How do I fix my Canon 6004 error?
- 7 How do I fix canon 5011 error?
- 8 How do I fix a Canon B204 error?
- 9 How do I fix my Canon Pixma printer error?
What is a 5012 error on a Canon printer?
Support Code 5012 generally means that the scanner on your PIXMA printer has failed and that service is required.
How do I get my Canon printer out of error mode?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Make sure that your printer is Online.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic.
- Update Windows.
How do I get printer out of error state?
Sometimes, simply restarting both your computer and printer can be the solution to the “printer in error state” issue. Power off your printer and computer completely, leaving them in this state for a few minutes, then turn them on again to see if the problem is gone.
Why does my Canon printer keep saying error?
If trying to print produces an error message on your computer, take note of it. Canon printers produce error codes for one of several reasons: The settings for your printer might not be compatible with the document you’re trying to print. The ink for your printer might be running low and may need to be replaced.
How do I fix printer error?
First, try resetting the printer. Turn the printer off, and then unplug it. Plug the printer back in, and turn it back on again. Resetting the printer is a simple resolution, but it might still be enough to resolve the issue for some users.
How do I fix my Canon 6004 error?
The 6004 error is an indication that a printer error has occurred. Please check the following: Make sure print head holder motion is not impeded by tapes for securing the print head holder during transportation, jammed paper, etc. Make sure the ink tanks are properly installed.
How do I fix canon 5011 error?
Fix: Canon Printer Error 5011
- Unplug your printer and let it stay off for 3 minutes, then power it back on and test. If it doesn’t work, then turn it off again.
- Lift the lid from the printer, including the scanner. With the lid open, turn the printer back on.
- Then close the lid and see if that fixes the issue.
How do I fix a Canon B204 error?
To try to resolve the B204 error, please follow the following steps:
- Turn your PIXMA MX492 off using the power button.
- Lift up the scanning unit (printer cover) then place the scanning unit support into position.
- Remove any orange protective tape and the protective material that may be present.
How do I fix my Canon Pixma printer error?
Reset the Canon printer
- Switch on the printer.
- Press and hold the Stop/reset button.
- Press the button that you use to make a color copy and hold it down.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- The printer now reboots and sets itself up.
- Does the printer indicate that the device needs to be calibrated?
- You’ve reset your printer.