Follow the below steps to hopefully fix the issue, no matter the cause.
- Step 0: Create a Windows 10 Install Disk.
- Step 1: Run Through Windows Automatic Repair.
- Step 2: Run Manual SFC and Check Disk Scans.
- Step 3: Rebuild the BCD.
- Step 4: Set Your Active Partition.
- Step 5: Check for Faulty Hardware.
- 1 What is oxc0000225?
- 2 How do I fix error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 without CD or USB?
- 3 How do I fix error 0xc000098?
- 4 How do I fix Windows boot manager?
- 5 What is the command for chkdsk repair?
- 6 How do I fix Windows error 0xc00000e?
- 7 How do I restore Windows 10 without a disk?
- 8 How do I repair Windows 10 without a disk?
- 9 How do I fix boot BCD Windows 10 without disk or USB?
- 10 What does Error Code 0x0000098 Mean?
- 11 How do I rebuild a BCD file?
- 12 What does kernel is missing or corrupt?
- 13 How do I bypass Windows Boot Manager?
- 14 How do I enable Windows Boot Manager?
- 15 How do I change Windows boot manager?
What is oxc0000225?
First off, error code: 0xc0000225 means Windows cannot find the System Files used for booting, aka, BCD (Boot Configuration Data). In other words, if your system files are corrupted, the disk file system has a bad configuration, or if you have faulty hardware, the 0xc0000225 error would occur.
How do I fix error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 without CD or USB?
Turn on the computer, press and hold the “F2” key at the sight of the first screen (If it does not work, you can consult the manual book to know exact key to enter BIOS). 2. Under “Boot” option, click “Change boot option” switch boot drive to USB stick. Then press Enter.
How do I fix error 0xc000098?
1) Boot your PC from your setup disk (USB/DVD/CD). 2) Select Repair your computer and go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. 3) Startup Repair will begin scanning your installation for known issues and will attempt a repair if it finds any. 4) If it fails, you can run Startup Repair again.
How do I fix Windows boot manager?
Fix the MBR in Windows 10
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
What is the command for chkdsk repair?
To repair errors without scanning the disk for bad sectors, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume: /f, and then press <Enter>. To repair errors, bad sectors, and readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume: /r, and then press <Enter>.
How do I fix Windows error 0xc00000e?
How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows 10
- Use the Windows Automatic Repair Tool.
- Rebuild the BCD file and the Master Boot Record.
- Reset the BIOS to its default settings.
- Check and change the CMOS battery.
How do I restore Windows 10 without a disk?
Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen. Keep holding down the shift key while clicking Restart. Keep holding down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu loads. Click Troubleshoot.
How do I repair Windows 10 without a disk?
Reinstall Windows 10 Without CD FAQs
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I fix boot BCD Windows 10 without disk or USB?
To repair BCD boot errors without using a Windows installation disc, you can use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. It is a free but powerful disk manager, with which you can create bootable media on another working computer, and then easily repair damaged BCD/MBR in WinPE mode.
What does Error Code 0x0000098 Mean?
0xc0000098 is a BSOD error code that may appear after cloning OS or upgrading to Windows 10. This error code is caused by two issues: The BCD has no entry, which may be caused by disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
How do I rebuild a BCD file?
Rebuild BCD in Windows 11/10
- Boot your computer into Advanced Recovery Mode.
- Launch Command Prompt available under Advanced Options.
- To rebuild the BCD or Boot Configuration Data file use the command – bootrec /rebuildbcd.
- It will scan for other operating systems and let you select the OS’s you want to add to BCD.
What does kernel is missing or corrupt?
Most likely you had/have file-system and/or physical disk corruption, and your kernel file(s) is pooched beyond repair. Scan the HDD for errors and repair them (CHKDSK and the HDD manufacturer’s utilities). If the utilities detect the drive as not repairable, then replace it (and restore from backup or reinstall).
How do I bypass Windows Boot Manager?
Go to start, type in MSCONFIG and then go to the boot tab. Click Windows 7 and make sure it is the default and then change the timeout to zero. Click Apply. When you restart, you should be directed directly into windows 7 without the boot manager screen.
How do I enable Windows Boot Manager?
Just click the Cortana Search box in the Windows 10 taskbar and type cmd. You’ll see the Command Prompt appear at the top of the list. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
How do I change Windows boot manager?
Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.