the boot configuration data file is missing some required information. you’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.
- 1 How do I fix error code 0xc0000034?
- 2 What is error code 0x0000034?
- 3 How do I fix boot BCD startup errors in Windows?
- 4 How do I fix BCD corruption in Windows 7?
- 5 How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
- 6 Is easy recovery essentials free?
- 7 How do I fix Windows could not update the boot configuration?
- 8 How do I do a System Restore on Windows 10?
- 9 What is error 0xc0000098?
- 10 What causes boot BCD error?
- 11 What is Bootrec?
- 12 Where is boot BCD located?
- 13 How do I fix error 0xc0000098 in Windows 7?
- 14 What is boot BCD?
- 15 What is BCDEdit command?
How do I fix error code 0xc0000034?
Fix 0xc0000034 in Windows 10
- Insert the Windows 10 DVD/USB and reboot your system.
- Boot from the media.
- Click Repair your computer at the Install now screen.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Automatic Repair.
- Follow the wizard instructions to complete the process.
What is error code 0x0000034?
Error code: 0x0000034 This error code usually appears when partitioning goes wrong either when a manual partitioning is done or after Windows OS upgrades. Most of the users described that they accidentally deleted the system partition during the installation of the Windows before this error occurred.
How do I fix boot BCD startup errors in Windows?
Next, follow these steps:
- Insert your installation media into the computer.
- Boot to the media.
- Click Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Click “Repair your computer.”
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Select “Advanced options.”
- Pick “Command Prompt.”
- Type Bootrec /fixmbr and press the enter key.
How do I fix BCD corruption in Windows 7?
How to Rebuild the BCD in Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista
- On Windows 10 or Windows 8: Start Advanced Startup Options.
- In Windows 10/8, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Select the Command Prompt button to start it.
- At the prompt, type the bootrec command as shown below, and then press Enter: bootrec /rebuildbcd.
How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
You can fix Windows Error Recovery errors using these methods:
- Remove recently added hardware.
- Run Windows Start Repair.
- Boot into LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration)
- Restore Your HP Laptop with System Restore.
- Recover the Laptop.
- Perform Startup Repair with a Windows installation disc.
- Reinstall Windows.
Is easy recovery essentials free?
Supported Operating Systems: This free recovery software supports Windows 10/8/7, Windows XP/Vista. The technicians’ edition also supports Windows 2000 and Windows servers. You can download Easy Recovery Essentials free from https://neosmart.net/EasyRE /.
How do I fix Windows could not update the boot configuration?
How to FIX: Windows could not update Boot configuration in Windows 10 Setup.
- Enter BIOS (CMOS) Setup settings.
- Enable the Legacy support.
- Change the Boot Mode from UEFI to Legacy (CSM).
- Then Disable the Secure Boot in Security options.
- Set as First boot device the Legacy Windows USB drive.
- Save and exit from BIOS Setup.
How do I do a System Restore on Windows 10?
- Navigate to the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options menu.
- Once your computer has booted, select Troubleshoot.
- And then you’ll need to click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Complete step 1 from the previous method to get to Windows 10’s Advanced Startup Options menu.
- Click System Restore.
What is error 0xc0000098?
0xc0000098 is a BSOD error code that may appear after cloning OS or upgrading to Windows 10. This error code is caused by two issues: The BCD has no entry, which may be caused by disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
What causes boot BCD error?
One of the most common causes of this error is the BCD that became missing or corrupt. That could happen because of disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
What is Bootrec?
bootrec.exe is the utility that is used to update the master boot record code, partition bootsector code, and the BCD (boot configuration data). It’s most-commonly used to correct boot problems on Windows Vista and later versions of Windows.
Where is boot BCD located?
Where is the BCD file in Windows 10? It is stored in a file in folder “Boot”. The full path to this file is “[active partition]BootBCD”. For UEFI boot, the BCD file is located at /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD on the EFI System Partition.
How do I fix error 0xc0000098 in Windows 7?
0xc0000098 – Fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- 2.1 Fix #1: Rebuild BCD via Easy Recovery Essentials.
- 2.2 Fix #2: Run Startup Repair.
- 2.3 Fix #3: Rebuild the BCD manually.
- 2.4 Fix #4: Run sfc utility.
- 2.5 Fix #5: Check your disk with CHKDSK utility.
What is boot BCD?
Boot Configuration Data (BCD) is a firmware-independent database for boot-time configuration data. It is used by Microsoft’s new Windows Boot Manager and replaces the boot. ini that was used by NTLDR. For UEFI boot, the file is located at /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD on the EFI System Partition.
What is BCDEdit command?
BCDEdit is a command-line tool for managing BCD. It can be used for a variety of purposes, including creating new stores, modifying existing stores, and adding boot menu options.