1) Boot your PC from your setup disk (USB/DVD/CD). 2) Select Repair your computer and go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. 3) Startup Repair will begin scanning your installation for known issues and will attempt a repair if it finds any. 4) If it fails, you can run Startup Repair again.
- 1 How do you fix the Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry?
- 2 What causes BCD error?
- 3 How do I update Windows Boot Manager?
- 4 How do I run Windows Startup Repair?
- 5 How do I fix BCD error?
- 6 What is a BCD error?
- 7 How do I fix BCD file?
- 8 How do you fix the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors?
- 9 How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
- 10 Where is boot BCD located?
- 11 How do I reset Windows Boot Manager?
- 12 How do I fix boot manager?
- 13 Can I disable Windows Boot Manager?
How do you fix the Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry?
- Connect the installation media you created to your non-functional PC, and then turn it on.
- On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next.
- Select Repair your computer.
- On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
What causes BCD error?
One of the most common causes of this error is the BCD that became missing or corrupt. That could happen because of disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
How do I update Windows Boot Manager?
To edit boot options in Windows, use BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe), a tool included in Windows. To use BCDEdit, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the computer. You can also use the System Configuration utility (MSConfig.exe) to change boot settings.
How do I run Windows Startup Repair?
How to use the Window Startup Repair Tool
- Hold the Shift key down at the Windows sign-in screen and press the Power button at the same time.
- Continue holding the Shift key, then click Restart.
- Once the PC restarts, it’ll present a screen with a few options.
- From here, click Advanced options.
How do I fix BCD error?
How to Fix a ‘Boot Configuration Data File is Missing’ Error in
- Insert your installation media into the computer.
- Boot to the media.
- Click Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Click “Repair your computer.”
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Select “Advanced options.”
- Pick “Command Prompt.”
What is a BCD error?
The BCD holds important boot-related information including the list of the available operating systems. ADVERTISEMENT. In short, it stores vital boot information required to start Windows. If the BCD is missing, corrupt or altered, Windows may not start properly anymore but display the Recovery screen at the top.
How do I fix BCD file?
How to Rebuild the BCD in Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista
- On Windows 10 or Windows 8: Start Advanced Startup Options.
- In Windows 10/8, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Select the Command Prompt button to start it.
- At the prompt, type the bootrec command as shown below, and then press Enter: bootrec /rebuildbcd.
How do you fix the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors?
You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option. Method 2: Rebuild BCD from Command Prompt. After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.
How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
Fix 0xc000014C in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- Insert the installation disc.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key to boot from the disc, at the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…” message.
- Choose your keyboard layout.
- Select your language, time and a keyboard method.
- Click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
Where is boot BCD located?
Where is the BCD file in Windows 10? It is stored in a file in folder “Boot”. The full path to this file is “[active partition]BootBCD”. For UEFI boot, the BCD file is located at /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD on the EFI System Partition.
How do I reset Windows Boot Manager?
Fix the MBR in Windows 10
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do I fix boot manager?
How to Fix ‘BOOTMGR Is Missing’ Errors
- Restart the computer.
- Check your optical drives, USB ports, and floppy drives for media.
- Check the boot sequence in BIOS and make sure the correct hard drive or other bootable device is listed first, assuming you have more than one drive.
- Reseat all internal data and power cables.
Can I disable Windows Boot Manager?
If you are using dual OS, Windows Boot Manager gives an option to choose the operating system. However, when there’s only one OS this slows down the boot process. However, the Windows Boot Manager cannot be completely removed but we can disable it. All this can be done via the System Configuration (msconfig.exe) tool.