In most situations, you will experience the error code 0x80070079 associated with the semaphore timeout period has expired alert when trying to transfer huge files. This transfer might be initiated within your local network, or between your computer and an external driver.
How do I fix error 0x80070079?
Here are some methods to fix the error 0X80070079.
- Change the USB/Network cable: The cable in use may be damaged.
- Use USB 3.0: If you’re using USB 2.0, replace it with USB 3.0.
- Update the network drivers: You can update the network drivers to fix the issue.
- Reset the network:
- Disable Windows firewall temporarily.
What does 0x80070079 mean?
This may mean that you can’t connect to the Xbox network because of a temporary network issue.
How do you fix the semaphore timeout period has expired?
Fix ‘The semaphore timeout period has expired’
- Disable Firewalls and anti-virus software (Temporarily)
- Perform a clean boot.
- Convert FAT32 to NTFS.
- Update drivers of network adapters.
What causes the semaphore timeout period has expired?
You may ask, “What does it mean if the semaphore timeout period has expired?” Well, this message is simply telling you that your operating system failed to retry the network connection, causing it to time out. This problem can happen when there is a faulty network adapter, slow wired links, or weak signals.
Is not accessible The semaphore timeout period has expired?
“The semaphore timeout period has expired” is yet another commonly encountered Windows error. Usually, it is referred to as a backup error and marked with the code 0x80070079. In most of the cases, the problem occurs when the PC/laptop user attempts to backup huge size files or create Windows image backup.
How do I fix error code 0x8b0500B6?
Fix: Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500B6
- Solution 1: Power Cycle the Device and Networking Equipment.
- Solution 2: Forget the Wi-Fi Connection and then Reconnect To it.
- Solution 3: Disable ISP’s Online Protection Tool/Shield.
- Solution 4: Uninstall the Fortnite Game.
- Solution 5: Remove and Re-Add the User Profile.