Error Code 014 You will get this error code whenever your TCL Roku TV fails to connect to the wireless network. Ensure you are selecting the correct wireless network name. Selecting the wrong wireless network will cause your wireless connection to fail.
- 1 Why is my TCL TV not connecting to the Internet?
- 2 What is error code 014 on Roku?
- 3 How do I refresh apps on my TCL TV?
- 4 How do I reconnect my Roku to the Internet?
- 5 How do I connect my TCL TV to the internet?
- 6 How do you reset network settings on a TCL TV?
- 7 Why isn’t my Roku TV connecting to the internet?
- 8 Can I use my phone data for Roku?
- 9 Why does my TCL TV keep buffering?
- 10 How do I enable screen mirroring on my TCL TV?
- 11 Why can’t my Roku see my WiFi?
- 12 What do you do when your Roku isn’t working?
- 13 How do I reset my Roku?
Why is my TCL TV not connecting to the Internet?
If your TCL TV won’t stay connected to your Wifi and keeps disconnecting, first restart your router by following the user manual instructions to do so. You will then restart your TV by pressing ‘Home’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘Power’ > ‘System Restart’ > then restart and select ‘OK’ from your remote.
What is error code 014 on Roku?
In fairness it isn’t entirely Roku’s fault, it just seems like the Roku boxes don’t play nice with a bunch of routers (including my Virgin Media SuperHub 2), so when you enter your correct Wi-Fi password the Roku will simply pop up with Error 014, as if you’ve entered the wrong details.
How do I refresh apps on my TCL TV?
Scroll and select System Update. The Software Update pop-up box will display, select Network Update. The TV will search for an available software update, once prompted, click OK to confirm.
How do I reconnect my Roku to the Internet?
How to update your network settings
- Press Home on your remote.
- Scroll to select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Set up connection.
- Choose Wired or Wireless.
- If you select Wired, your Roku device will automatically connect to your network and the internet.
- Select your network from the list of available networks.
How do I connect my TCL TV to the internet?
Wireless Connection Setup
- Press on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Press the right arrow button and select Network.
- Press the right arrow button and select Wireless.
- Your TCL Roku TV will start scanning for available wireless network.
How do you reset network settings on a TCL TV?
TCL SIGNA – Reset Network Settings
- From a Home screen, swipe up to access all apps.
- Navigate: Settings. > System.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS. If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
- To confirm, tap RESET SETTINGS.
Why isn’t my Roku TV connecting to the internet?
Check and fix connection issues with your Wi-Fi router. Restart your router and modem. Relocate your Roku device so it’s closer to the router and has a strong signal. Contact Roku support.
Can I use my phone data for Roku?
When you approve screen mirroring from your smartphone, you will be able to see the contents of your screen on the TV. This way, even if you don’t have an internet connection in your TV, you will be stream movies and TV shows on Roku. You can use your smartphone’s mobile data to watch the content you want.
Why does my TCL TV keep buffering?
First, you’ll want to check your Roku’s Wi-Fi signal strength. Using your Roku remote, select “Settings,” then “Network,” and choose “About.” Look for your signal strength – if it’s listed as Fair or Poor, you should try some of the suggestions below to improve the signal. 1. Move the Wi-Fi router closer to the Roku.
How do I enable screen mirroring on my TCL TV?
What screen mirroring settings can I adjust?
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings and then select System.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- After you open the screen mirroring settings, choose a setting to adjust.
Why can’t my Roku see my WiFi?
If your Roku is connected to the internet but the connection seems weak, open the settings menu on the Roku, and then go to “Network” and then “Check connection.” The device will test the quality of the internet signal and its speed, letting you know if your issues may be caused by a poor connection.
What do you do when your Roku isn’t working?
Restart Both Your Roku Device and Roku Remote
- Remove the Batteries. Open the battery compartment on your Roku remote and remove the batteries.
- Restart your Roku Device. Disconnect the power lead from your Roku device and wait five seconds before reconnecting it.
- Reinsert the Batteries Into Your Roku Remote.
How do I reset my Roku?
Performing a factory reset from the device settings
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory reset.
- If you have a Roku TV, select Factory rest everything.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.