You can view it in the “Custom Views” section on the left panel. 6] After selecting the filter you have just created, you can view all the system error logs in the middle panel of the Event Viewer. To view the BSOD log, you have to find the error with the source “BugCheck.”
- 1 Where is the blue screen error in event viewer?
- 2 How do I find my blue screen code?
- 3 How do I view event log errors in Event Viewer?
- 4 What is blue screen issue what are error codes of blue screen?
- 5 How do I fix a blue screen error?
- 6 How do you fix a blue screen of death?
- 7 How do I get rid of the blue screen on Windows 10?
- 8 Where are blue screen dump files?
- 9 How do I read a.DMP file?
- 10 How do I fix errors and warnings in event viewer?
- 11 How do I view the error log?
- 12 How do I view IIS errors in event viewer?
- 13 Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
- 14 Is blue screen of death bad?
- 15 Does factory reset fix blue screen of death?
Where is the blue screen error in event viewer?
How do I check the BSOD log?
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut to open the Quick Links menu.
- Click on Event Viewer.
- Look over the Actions pane.
- Click the Create Custom View link.
- Select a time range.
- Check the Error checkbox in the Event Level section.
- Select the Event Logs menu.
- Check the Windows Logs checkbox.
How do I find my blue screen code?
To do this:
- Select Windows Logs on the left side of the window.
- You will see a number of sub-categories. Selecting any of these categories will bring up a series of event logs in the center of the screen.
- Any BSOD errors are listed as “Error”.
- Double click any found errors to investigate.
How do I view event log errors in Event Viewer?
- Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
- Select Event Viewer.
- Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.
- Copy the text on the General tab.
What is blue screen issue what are error codes of blue screen?
A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a blue screen with a message that your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.
How do I fix a blue screen error?
11 Tips to Help You Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
- Note Your Windows Blue Screen Stop Code.
- Try Specific Troubleshooting for Your Blue Screen Error Code.
- Review Recent Computer Changes.
- Check for Windows and Driver Updates.
- Run a System Restore.
- Scan for Malware.
- Test Your Computer Hardware.
- Run an SFC Scan.
How do you fix a blue screen of death?
How to fix a Blue Screen of Death on a Windows PC
- Uninstall incompatible software.
- Run a memory checker.
- Check for hard drive errors.
- Remove non-essential peripherals.
- Replace defective or incompatible expansion cards.
- Run SetupDiag after a failed Windows update.
- Perform a clean install.
How do I get rid of the blue screen on Windows 10?
To uninstall a Windows 10 update causing a blue screen, use these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Uninstall a program option. Source: Windows Central.
- Click the View installed updates option from the left pane.
- Select the most recent update (refer to the “Installed On” column).
- Click the Uninstall button.
Where are blue screen dump files?
When Windows OS crashes (Blue Screen of Death or BSOD) it dumps all the memory information into a file on disk. This dump file can help the developers to debug the cause for the crash. The default location of the dump file is %SystemRoot%memory. dmp i.e C:Windowsmemory.
How do I read a.DMP file?
Follow these steps to open and analyze a Dump file in Windows 10:
- Click Search in the Taskbar and type WinDbg,
- Right-click WinDbg and select Run as administrator.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Start debugging.
- Click Open Dump file.
- Select the Dump file from the folder location – for example, %SystemRoot%Minidump.
How do I fix errors and warnings in event viewer?
3. To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, right click and select Filter Current Log. Check the box before Error and click on OK and you see only Error reports.
How do I view the error log?
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Windows Logs)
How do I view IIS errors in event viewer?
Opening the Event Viewer
- From the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type eventvwr.
- Type start eventvwr at the command prompt, and press ENTER. –
- From the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer. –
- From the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
The BSoD is typically a result of improperly installed software, hardware, or settings, meaning that it is usually fixable.
Is blue screen of death bad?
Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work. And you may have to do some of that work over.
Does factory reset fix blue screen of death?
As mentioned earlier, the BSOD error screen is mostly related to hardware and driver issues. Therefore, when you factory reset your Windows PC, it only fixes a few minor issues with the driver. In addition, if the cause of BSOD is related to hardware, resetting PC is not going to help at all.