The error code 0x80080005 is shown by Windows Update when it fails to download and install one or more updates. In order to fix the issue, you should start by disabling your antivirus that can cause this problem. Another solution involves using a built-in tool that scans and fixes corrupted files.
- 1 How do you fix there was a problem checking for updates?
- 2 How do I fix Microsoft update error?
- 3 Why is Windows stuck on checking for updates?
- 4 How do I update Windows Update agent to latest version?
- 5 Why does my laptop fail to update?
- 6 Why does Play store have error checking for updates?
- 7 How do I manually update apps?
- 8 What do I do if my Play store is not showing updates?
- 9 How do I reset Windows Update components?
- 10 How do I fix a stuck Windows 10 update?
- 11 How do I fix a failed Windows update?
- 12 Why is my update stuck 0?
- 13 How do I know if Windows update is stuck?
- 14 Why is my Genshin impact stuck on checking for updates?
How do you fix there was a problem checking for updates?
Step 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the start menu, type in troubleshooting and press enter.
- Under System and Security, select fix problems with Windows Update.
- Windows will scan your computer for issues with Windows Update.
How do I fix Microsoft update error?
If you get an error code while downloading and installing Windows updates, the Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters. Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.
Why is Windows stuck on checking for updates?
Open Windows Settings and go to Update & Security. Under Windows Update, see if there are pending updates and try to download if there are any. See if the issue persists. Simply type in NET STOP WUAUSERV to stop Windows Update followed by NET START WUAUSERV to restart.
How do I update Windows Update agent to latest version?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo Key+R to open the Run box.
- Type services. msc in the Run box, and then press Enter.
- Right-click Windows Update in the Services management console, and then select Stop.
- After Windows Update stops, right-click Windows Update, and then select Start.
Why does my laptop fail to update?
Lack of drive space: If your computer doesn’t have enough free drive space to complete a Windows 10 update, the update will stop, and Windows will report a failed update. Clearing some space will usually do the trick. Corrupt update files: Deleting the bad update files will usually fix this problem.
Why does Play store have error checking for updates?
In most cases, this problem is caused by problematic updates, so removing them might help. Some users reported that the corrupted cache can also cause this problem. If Play Store is stuck while checking for updates, perhaps the issue is data corruption.
How do I manually update apps?
Update Apps Manually
- From the Play Store Home screen, tap your Google profile icon (upper-right).
- Tap Manage apps & device.
- Tap individual installed apps to update or tap Update All to download all available updates.
- If presented, review App Permissions then tap Accept to proceed with app update.
What do I do if my Play store is not showing updates?
Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage. Clear Cache.
- Next, tap Clear data.
- Re-open the Play Store & try your download again.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
Reset Windows Update components manually
- Open a Windows command prompt.
- Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service and the Cryptographic service.
- Delete the qmgr*.dat files.
How do I fix a stuck Windows 10 update?
How to fix a stuck Windows 10 update
- The tried-and-tested Ctrl-Alt-Del may be a quick fix for an update that’s stuck on a particular point.
- Restart your PC.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Try a Startup Repair.
- Perform a clean Windows installation.
How do I fix a failed Windows update?
Methods to fix Windows Update failing errors
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Restart Windows Update related services.
- Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan.
- Execute the DISM command.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Restore Windows 10 from a backup.
Why is my update stuck 0?
Sometimes, the Windows update stuck at 0 issue may be caused by Windows firewall that blocks the download. If so, you should turn off the firewall for the updates and then turn it back on right after the updates are successfully downloaded and installed.
How do I know if Windows update is stuck?
Press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc buttons to open the Task Manager. Press More details inside the window. Select the Performance tab, and check activity of CPU, Memory, Disk, and Internet connection. In the case that you see a lot of activity, it means that the update process is not stuck.
Why is my Genshin impact stuck on checking for updates?
When Genshin Impact is stuck on the Checking for updates screen for a long time, it’s possible the game installation files are corrupted. To fix the problem, you can try to reinstall the game. If Genshin Impact is not listed, you can uninstall the game by deleting the folder where the game was installed.