How to Fix 0xc00000e9 Errors in Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
- Reboot the computer.
- Disconnect all external devices.
- Scan Windows for errors.
- Boot into safe mode.
- Update the drivers.
- Perform a Windows Startup Repair.
- Scan the PC for malware.
- Test the hard drives.
- 1 What is error 0xc00000e9?
- 2 How do I fix error code 0xc00000e9 on Lenovo Thinkpad?
- 3 How do you fix an unexpected IO error has occurred?
- 4 How do I boot up in safe mode?
- 5 What is error code 0x80070422?
- 6 How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
- 7 What does I O device error mean?
- 8 What is an unexpected IO error?
- 9 How do you fix there was a problem with a device connected to your PC?
- 10 How do I restore Windows boot Manager?
- 11 How do you fix boot problems?
- 12 How do I fix my computer if it wont start up?
What is error 0xc00000e9?
Resolution. Windows* error code 0xc00000e9 is a common Windows Boot Manager* error that indicates either a hardware failure or a corrupted system file encountered during the boot process. It appears shortly after the computer starts, but before the Windows login screen, as follows: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.
How do I fix error code 0xc00000e9 on Lenovo Thinkpad?
Fix 3: Run Check Disk Scan A hard disk with bad sectors, disk errors or file system errors can lead to displaying this error code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 computers. A Check Disk scan will scan your hard drive for any errors and fixes it.
How do you fix an unexpected IO error has occurred?
There are 4 methods for you to fix I/O error, you can try them in sequence.
- Method 1. Use the Last Known Configuration.
- Method 2. Set BIOS to default setting.
- Method 3. Rebuild MBR.
- Method 4. Use CHKDSK utility.
How do I boot up in safe mode?
While it’s booting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter.
What is error code 0x80070422?
You see the following error code when you try to install an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 PC: 0x80070422. This means that the Microsoft Store is not working on your Windows 10 PC because Windows Update is disabled on your PC.
How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
Fix 0xc000014C in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- Insert the installation disc.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key to boot from the disc, at the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…” message.
- Choose your keyboard layout.
- Select your language, time and a keyboard method.
- Click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
What does I O device error mean?
What Is an I/O Error? I/O stands for Input/Output. An I/O device error is an issue with the device that stops Windows from reading its contents or writing on it. If your external hard drive shows a disk I/O error, you are unable to transfer computer data to and from the external hard drive.
What is an unexpected IO error?
Hi, This error message: An unexpected I/O error has occurred. Status: (0Xc00000e9) is a hardware error pertaining to your system’s BIOS. Basically it is telling you that the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive.
How do you fix there was a problem with a device connected to your PC?
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
How do I restore Windows boot Manager?
The instructions are:
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do you fix boot problems?
On the Install Windows screen, select Next > Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. On the Advanced options screen, select Startup Repair. After Startup Repair, select Shutdown, then turn on your PC to see if Windows can boot properly.
How do I fix my computer if it wont start up?
5 Ways to Solve – Your PC Did Not Start Correctly
- Insert the Windows bootable drive to your PC and boot from it.
- Select your language preferences, and click on Next.
- Click on Repair your computer.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.