How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80073712
- Scan the computer for malware.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run the built-in Windows troubleshooter.
- Run the System File Checker scan.
- Perform a DISM scan.
- Remove the pending.
- Restart Windows Update services.
- Restore, refresh, or reset the PC.
- 1 What is 0x80073712 error?
- 2 How do I fix Windows 10 update failed?
- 3 How do I fix error ox80070422?
- 4 How do I fix Windows Update error 0x80070057?
- 5 What is DISM tool?
- 6 How do you fix the component store has been corrupted?
- 7 How can I repair my Windows 10?
- 8 What is the problem with the latest Windows 10 update?
- 9 How do I restart Windows 10 install?
- 10 What is 0x80070422 error?
- 11 What is error 0x80070424?
- 12 How do I fix Windows Update errors?
- 13 How do I get rid of Windows Update error?
- 14 How do I reset Windows Update components?
What is 0x80073712 error?
If you receive Windows Update error 0x80073712 or 80073712, it means that a file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. Windows has troubleshooting tools that can help you address this problem.
How do I fix Windows 10 update failed?
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Failed Errors
- Try rerunning Windows Update.
- Unplug your peripherals and reboot.
- Check your available drive space.
- Use the Windows 10 troubleshooting tool.
- Pause Windows 10 Updates.
- Manually delete your Windows Update files.
- Download and install the latest update manually.
How do I fix error ox80070422?
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070422 in Windows 10
- Restart Your PC.
- Fix the Windows Update Service.
- Restart Other Services.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Disable IPv6.
- Check a Few Registry Values.
- Perform Advanced Windows Update Troubleshooting.
How do I fix Windows Update error 0x80070057?
11 Common Ways to Fix Error Code 0x80070057
- Clear Drive Space.
- Sync the Windows Date and Time.
- Check Windows Update.
- Run Chkdsk.
- Use the System File Checker.
- Run the DISM Command.
- Fix Group Policy Interference.
- Reset Windows Update Repository.
What is DISM tool?
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM.exe) is a command-line tool that can be used to service and prepare Windows images, including those used for Windows PE, Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and Windows Setup.
How do you fix the component store has been corrupted?
How to Fix DISM Error 14098 “Component Store has been corrupted”
- Run Start Component Cleanup Command.
- Reset Windows Update Components.
- Run Restore Health Command in a Clean Boot State.
- Whitelist the “dism.exe” in Your Antivirus Program.
- Uninstall Recently Installed Updates.
How can I repair my Windows 10?
- Navigate to the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options menu.
- Once your computer has booted, select Troubleshoot.
- And then you’ll need to click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Complete step 1 from the previous method to get to Windows 10’s Advanced Startup Options menu.
- Click System Restore.
What is the problem with the latest Windows 10 update?
Windows 10’s latest ‘Patch Tuesday’ security update was released by Microsoft last week, but it’s causing significant issues for those who install it. They primarily affect gaming, with users reporting a significant drop in FPS (frames per second) and stuttering throughout games.
How do I restart Windows 10 install?
How to restart windows 10 installer
- Press Windows + R, type services. msc and hit Enter.
- Scroll down and find the Windows Installer.
- On the General tab, make sure the service is started under “Service status”.
- If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.
What is 0x80070422 error?
You see the following error code when you try to install an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 PC: 0x80070422. This means that the Microsoft Store is not working on your Windows 10 PC because Windows Update is disabled on your PC.
What is error 0x80070424?
Error code 0x80070424 denotes The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
How do I fix Windows Update errors?
Methods to fix Windows Update failing errors
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Restart Windows Update related services.
- Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan.
- Execute the DISM command.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Restore Windows 10 from a backup.
How do I get rid of Windows Update error?
> Press Windows key + X key to open Quick Access Menu and then select “Control Panel”. > Click on “Programs” and then click on “View installed updates”. > Then you can select the problematic update and click the Uninstall button.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
How to Manually Reset Windows Update Components?
- Step 1: Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Step 2: Stop BITS, WUAUSERV, APPIDSVC AND CRYPTSVC Services.
- Step 3: Delete the qmgr*.
- Step 4: Rename SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder.
- Step 5: Reset the BITS service and Windows Update Service.