Error 0x97 is a hardware issue and you could say your printer is basically dead. They do send replacement printers so make the most out of your warranty. It’s legit. Fixes: Disconnect and reconnect the printer.
- 1 How do I fix Epson error 0X97?
- 2 What is Epson error 0X97?
- 3 What are the problems of Epson printer?
- 4 How do I get rid of Epson printer error?
- 5 What does error code 0x97 mean?
- 6 How do I fix Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97?
- 7 How do I fix error code 0x97?
- 8 How do I update my Epson scanner?
- 9 How do I clean my Epson printer?
- 10 How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
- 11 Why does my Epson printer keep saying scanner error?
- 12 How do I check my Epson printer for errors?
- 13 How do I fix Epson scanner error?
How do I fix Epson error 0X97?
How can I fix Epson printer error 0x97?
- Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter.
- Unplug and Plug-in.
- Clean the printer using wet tissue.
- Update your drivers.
- Contact Hardware Specialist.
What is Epson error 0X97?
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is an internal hardware problem that occurs in the Epson Printers. This error 0X97 appears on the LCD screen of the printer. The Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 causes suddenly when the printing process is taking place and it stops the print job or turns off the printer.
What are the problems of Epson printer?
Epson Printing Issues Some common printing issues include banding, incorrect colors appearing, blurry prints, grainy prints, or faded prints.
How do I get rid of Epson printer error?
Here’s how you can fix it:
- Turn off your Epson Printer and unplug all the Wait for 15-20 minutes and plug everything back again. Clean your printer with a semi-wet cloth to remove the dust accumulated.
- Try scanning your computer for a virus or malware to understand the issue better.
What does error code 0x97 mean?
Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when you face any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. When this error happens, your printer stops printing anything that makes you stop completing an important task.
How do I fix Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97?
You need to unplug the cables and plugs. Let the printer rest for 5 minutes. Then, press the power button for 60 seconds. Press and hold the power button while plugging back all the cables.
How do I fix error code 0x97?
Troubleshooting Methods for fix Error Code 0x97:
- Disconnect Everything from the Printer.
- Reset your Printer.
- Clean the Print Head.
- Install and update your printer’s driver.
How do I update my Epson scanner?
Open Epson Software Updater from the Applications > Epson Software folder. If you do not have the Epson Software Updater utility, you can download it here. Select Epson Firmware Update by checking the box next to it, then click the Install button. Select Agree to continue.
How do I clean my Epson printer?
Make sure that the printer is turned on and the ink out light is off. Access the Print or Page Setup dialog box and click the Utility icon button, then click the Head Cleaning button. Follow the on-screen instructions. The power light and the ink lights flash while the printer performs the cleaning cycle.
How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
If your PC or the LCD screen on your printer is telling you that your ink cartridges are full but no ink is passing through to the paper, then it’s most likely that you are dealing with a clogged printhead. Blurry documents and images that appear faded are also signs that it’s time to remove the excess ink.
Why does my Epson printer keep saying scanner error?
The Epson scanner error 100016 is an error related to the drivers of Epson printers. A corrupted Epson printer driver or an incorrectly installed Epson printer driver could be the root cause of slow printing on your printer and eventually lead to Epson error 100016.
How do I check my Epson printer for errors?
EPSON Status Monitor If a problem occurs while printing, an error message appears in the Progress Meter window. When the ink runs low or out, click the How to button in the EPSON Status Monitor or Progress Meter window and EPSON Status Monitor will lead you step-by-step through the cartridge replacement procedure.
How do I fix Epson scanner error?
Windows 8. x, Windows 7, Windows Vista:
- Turn off the printer.
- Uninstall Epson Scan.
- Restart your computer.
- Do one of the following: Windows 8.
- Navigate to C:Windows.
- Locate the twain_32 folder and rename it to a different name such as twain_32_old.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall Epson Scan.