To do this:
- Select Windows Logs on the left side of the window.
- You will see a number of sub-categories. Selecting any of these categories will bring up a series of event logs in the center of the screen.
- Any BSOD errors are listed as “Error”.
- Double click any found errors to investigate.
- 1 How do I find out what caused a blue screen?
- 2 Where do I find the blue screen error on Windows 10?
- 3 How do I find my Windows error code?
- 4 What is BSOD stop code?
- 5 Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
- 6 Is blue screen of death bad?
- 7 How do I read a blue screen dump file in Windows 10?
- 8 How do you fix a blue screen of death?
- 9 How do I fix a blue screen of death on Windows 10?
- 10 How do I check system errors?
- 11 How do I find the error code on my computer?
- 12 How do I fix Windows errors?
- 13 How do I stop Windows from blue screen?
- 14 Can RAM cause blue screen?
- 15 What is a blue screen used for?
How do I find out what caused a blue screen?
Blue screens are generally caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or issues with its hardware driver software. Sometimes, they can be caused by issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. Regular apps usually won’t be able to cause blue screens.
Where do I find the blue screen error on Windows 10?
Under the “General” tab, you can view the error code. Click the “Details” tab to know more about the error. The message, “The computer has rebooted from a BugCheck” in the General tab indicates that this is a BSOD error. Now you can easily find BSOD errors and troubleshoot them.
How do I find my Windows error code?
More ways to find an error code
- Use the Microsoft Error Lookup Tool.
- Install the Debugging Tools for Windows, load a memory dump file, and then run the! err <code> command.
- Search the Microsoft Protocols site for the raw text or error code. For more information, see [MS-ERREF]: Windows Error Codes.
What is BSOD stop code?
A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a blue screen with a message that your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.
Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
The BSoD is typically a result of improperly installed software, hardware, or settings, meaning that it is usually fixable.
Is blue screen of death bad?
Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work. And you may have to do some of that work over.
How do I read a blue screen dump file in Windows 10?
Follow these steps to open and analyze a Dump file in Windows 10:
- Click Search in the Taskbar and type WinDbg,
- Right-click WinDbg and select Run as administrator.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Start debugging.
- Click Open Dump file.
- Select the Dump file from the folder location – for example, %SystemRoot%Minidump.
How do you fix a blue screen of death?
How to fix a Blue Screen of Death on a Windows PC
- Uninstall incompatible software.
- Run a memory checker.
- Check for hard drive errors.
- Remove non-essential peripherals.
- Replace defective or incompatible expansion cards.
- Run SetupDiag after a failed Windows update.
- Perform a clean install.
How do I fix a blue screen of death on Windows 10?
You can fix the blue screen of the death using the built-in troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update and security > Troubleshoot. Under the heading Find and fix other problems, you can see the Windows 10 Blue Screen troubleshooter.
How do I check system errors?
To begin the scan, right-click on the Drive which you wish to check and select Properties. Next, click on Tools tab and under Error-checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors. If the system detects that there are errors, you will be asked to check the disk.
How do I find the error code on my computer?
Error code 12 message
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Select the troubleshoot that matches the hardware with the problem.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Continue with the on-screen directions.
How do I fix Windows errors?
You can fix Windows Error Recovery errors using these methods:
- Remove recently added hardware.
- Run Windows Start Repair.
- Boot into LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration)
- Restore Your HP Laptop with System Restore.
- Recover the Laptop.
- Perform Startup Repair with a Windows installation disc.
- Reinstall Windows.
How do I stop Windows from blue screen?
How do I disable Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) automatic restart in Windows?
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System.
- Go to Advanced.
- Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings
- Under System Failure un-check “Automatically restart”
- Hit “OK” to save and exit.
Can RAM cause blue screen?
A bad memory module (RAM) can cause unpredictable behavior in a Windows system, including the dreaded blue screen of death. If you suspect that your RAM may be faulty, you can run a memory test to confirm that you have a bad memory module.
What is a blue screen used for?
Blue screens are used in film because they typically result in a better quality image, with smaller grain and cleaner edges. Blue also shows up white when exposed to black and white film under blue light, which makes color composite easier.