How to fix the 0xc0000221 error code
- Method 1: Booting in Safe Mode.
- Method 2: Perform an SFC, CHKDSK and DISM scan.
- Method 3: Verifying RAM for issues.
- Method 4: Removing secondary GPU and external HDDs or SSDs.
- Method 5: Using a previous System Restore point.
- Method 6: Performing a repair install.
- 1 What is error 0xc0000221?
- 2 How do I fix Windows 8 not booting?
- 3 Does Windows 8 have a repair tool?
- 4 How do I fix error code 0x0000098?
- 5 How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
- 6 How do I repair Windows 8 without a disk?
- 7 How do I bypass automatic repair on Windows 8?
- 8 How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
- 9 Why my Windows 8 is not opening?
- 10 How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 8?
- 11 How do I fix windows not booting?
- 12 Can I repair Windows 8 with Windows 10?
- 13 How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
- 14 How can I reinstall Windows 8?
What is error 0xc0000221?
The STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH bug check has a value of 0xC0000221. This indicates that a driver or a system DLL has been corrupted. This topic is for programmers. If you are a customer who has received a blue screen error code while using your computer, see Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
How do I fix Windows 8 not booting?
Table of Contents:
- Operating System.
- Specific Windows 8 No Boot Issues.
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug All External Devices.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Boot Computer to Safe Mode.
Does Windows 8 have a repair tool?
Windows 8 includes a recovery feature called Automatic Repair that attempts to automatically diagnose and fix common issues that may cause Windows 8 to not start properly. Automatic Repair will start automatically when Windows is unable to start properly.
How do I fix error code 0x0000098?
1) Boot your PC from your setup disk (USB/DVD/CD). 2) Select Repair your computer and go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. 3) Startup Repair will begin scanning your installation for known issues and will attempt a repair if it finds any. 4) If it fails, you can run Startup Repair again.
How do I fix Windows error 0xc000014C?
Fix 0xc000014C in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- Insert the installation disc.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key to boot from the disc, at the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…” message.
- Choose your keyboard layout.
- Select your language, time and a keyboard method.
- Click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
How do I repair Windows 8 without a disk?
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C:, where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder.
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
How do I bypass automatic repair on Windows 8?
How to disable automatic repair in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8
- Open the command prompt as Administrator (an elevated instance).
- Type the following in the elevated command prompt you just opened: bcdedit /set recoveryenabled NO.
How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from the Shut down or sign out menu. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart. After the PC restarts, there is a list of options. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode.
Why my Windows 8 is not opening?
Boot Computer to Safe Mode. Repair your Windows 8 Operating System. Virus and Malware Troubleshooting. Restore the Operating System to Factory Settings.
To access the Boot Manager of your system, please press the key combination Shift-F8 during the boot process. Select the desired Safe Mode to start your PC. The Shift-F8 only opens the Boot Manager when it is pressed in an exact time frame.
How do I fix windows not booting?
Windows 10 Won’t Boot? 12 Fixes to Get Your PC Running Again
- Try Windows Safe Mode.
- Check Your Battery.
- Unplug All Your USB Devices.
- Turn Off Fast Boot.
- Check Your Other BIOS/UEFI Settings.
- Try a Malware Scan.
- Boot to Command Prompt Interface.
- Use System Restore or Startup Repair.
Can I repair Windows 8 with Windows 10?
A Windows 10 recovery disk cannot reinstall Windows 8.1. New computers that come preinstalled with Windows often have what is called a recovery partition. This is used to reinstall the operating system in the event of a system crash.
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “ Reset ” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How can I reinstall Windows 8?
Press “Win-C” or navigate to the Charms Bar in either the top right or bottom right of your screen. Click on the “Settings” tab, press “Change PC Settings,” and then navigate to “General.” Scroll down the page until you see “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.” Click “Get Started.”