Hard drive error code 2000-0146 in Dell laptops/computers indicates severe logical problems that could lead to hard drive failure. This error may occur due to corruption in the program files or malware infection. Sometimes, bad sectors on the drive also result in the error 0146.
- 1 How do I fix a Dell boot error?
- 2 How do I test my Dell laptop hard drive?
- 3 Why won’t my computer go past the welcome screen?
- 4 How do I reset a computer that won’t boot?
- 5 What do I do if my laptop is not detecting my hard drive?
- 6 Can you fix a hard drive failure?
- 7 How do I fix a hard drive error on my laptop?
- 8 How can I test my Dell laptop fan?
- 9 How do I know if my laptop has hardware problems?
- 10 How do I run a test on my Dell laptop?
- 11 What do I do if my computer is stuck on the welcome screen?
- 12 How do you fix a jammed computer on lock screen?
- 13 How do I fix Windows 10 stuck on loading screen?
How do I fix a Dell boot error?
Table of Contents:
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug all devices, and perform a hard reset.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
- Safe Mode Troubleshooting.
- Virus and Malware Troubleshooting.
- Reset your Windows 10 Operating System.
How do I test my Dell laptop hard drive?
At the Dell logo screen, press F12 key several times to enter One-time Boot Menu. Use the arrow keys to select Diagnostics and press the Enter key on the keyboard. Follow the on-screen prompts and respond appropriately to complete the diagnostics. If the test passes, the hardware devices are working correctly.
Why won’t my computer go past the welcome screen?
A simple solution to try is unplugging all external devices from your computer: Turn your computer back on and plug the mouse and keyboard back in to log in. One by one plug every device and cable back in and see if any of them seem to be causing any issues, restarting and seeing if you can get past the Welcome screen.
How do I reset a computer that won’t boot?
Since you can’t start Windows, you can run System Restore from Safe Mode:
- Start the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Type: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to choose a restore point.
What do I do if my laptop is not detecting my hard drive?
If the drive still isn’t working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It’s possible the port in question is failing, or just being finicky with your specific drive. If it’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port. If it’s plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the PC instead.
Can you fix a hard drive failure?
Only specially-trained expert engineers in a professional data recovery service can repair hard disks safely and effectively. And even then, a repaired hard disk drive will not perform well enough or last long enough for it to be used.
How do I fix a hard drive error on my laptop?
To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, then click Start. To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors checkbox, then click Start.
How can I test my Dell laptop fan?
Restart your Dell computer. When the Dell logo appears, press F12 key to enter One-time Boot Menu. Use the arrow keys to select Diagnostics and press Enter key on the keyboard. Follow the on-screen prompts and respond appropriately to complete the diagnostics.
How do I know if my laptop has hardware problems?
If you want a quick overview of your system’s hardware, use the left-hand panel to navigate to Reports > System > System Diagnostics > [Computer Name]. It provides you with multiple checks for your hardware, software, CPU, network, disk, and memory, along with a long list of detailed statistics.
How do I run a test on my Dell laptop?
Press and hold the D key and turn on the computer to enter LCD built-in self-test (BIST) mode. Continue to hold the D key, until you see color bars on the LCD screen. The screen displays multiple color bars and changes colors to black, white, red, green, and blue. Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities.
What do I do if my computer is stuck on the welcome screen?
How can I fix Windows 10 getting stuck on the Welcome screen?
- Use a debugging software.
- Disconnect from the Internet.
- Disconnect your USB devices.
- Disable Credential Manager.
- Disable Fast Startup feature.
- Remove your laptop battery.
- Remove SmartPass.
How do you fix a jammed computer on lock screen?
The Quick and the easiest way to fix Windows 10 Stuck on lock Screen is by force-shutdown your PC or laptop by long-pressing the power button (almost 7 Sec) until it goes off. Again turn it on and it will work fine and you can easily log in to your system.
How do I fix Windows 10 stuck on loading screen?
How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Loading Screen?
- Unplug USB Dongle.
- Do Disk Surface Test.
- Enter Safe Mode to Fix This Issue.
- Do System Repair.
- Do System Restore.
- Clear CMOS Memory.
- Replace CMOS Battery.
- Check Computer RAM.