Missing boot files Damaged BCD is a possible cause of the 0xc0000034 error. It occurs because your boot-related files are either corrupt, missing, misconfigured and damaged.
- 1 How do I fix error code oxc0000034?
- 2 How do I fix Windows 7 boot configuration data is missing?
- 3 How do I get rid of BCD error?
- 4 How do I fix BCD corruption in Windows 7?
- 5 What is error 0xc0000098?
- 6 How do I fix Windows error 0xc00000e?
- 7 How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
- 8 How do you fix the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors?
- 9 What causes boot BCD error?
- 10 What is a BCD error?
- 11 How do I fix error code d000014c?
- 12 What does rebuild BCD do?
- 13 Where is boot BCD located?
- 14 How do I edit BCD?
- 15 How do I find BCD files?
How do I fix error code oxc0000034?
How To Fix Windows Error Code 0xc0000034?
- You need to insert the Windows installation media and then reboot the system.
- Click on the Next button and then click on the “Repair your computer” option on the next screen.
- Click on “troubleshoot” and select the “automatic repair” option.
How do I fix Windows 7 boot configuration data is missing?
How to fix Boot Configuration Data error
- Insert the Windows 7 disc, then start your system.
- Press any key then Click on repair your computer option.
- Now click on startup repair.
- Restart the computer.
How do I get rid of BCD error?
Next, follow these steps:
- Insert your installation media into the computer. More Videos.
- Boot to the media.
- Click Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Click “Repair your computer.”
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Select “Advanced options.”
- Pick “Command Prompt.”
- Type Bootrec /fixmbr and press the enter key.
How do I fix BCD corruption in Windows 7?
How to Rebuild the BCD in Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista
- On Windows 10 or Windows 8: Start Advanced Startup Options.
- In Windows 10/8, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Select the Command Prompt button to start it.
- At the prompt, type the bootrec command as shown below, and then press Enter: bootrec /rebuildbcd.
What is error 0xc0000098?
0xc0000098 is a BSOD error code that may appear after cloning OS or upgrading to Windows 10. This error code is caused by two issues: The BCD has no entry, which may be caused by disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
How do I fix Windows error 0xc00000e?
How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows 10
- Use the Windows Automatic Repair Tool.
- Rebuild the BCD file and the Master Boot Record.
- Reset the BIOS to its default settings.
- Check and change the CMOS battery.
How do I fix Windows error recovery without CD?
You can fix Windows Error Recovery errors using these methods:
- Remove recently added hardware.
- Run Windows Start Repair.
- Boot into LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration)
- Restore Your HP Laptop with System Restore.
- Recover the Laptop.
- Perform Startup Repair with a Windows installation disc.
- Reinstall Windows.
How do you fix the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors?
You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option. Method 2: Rebuild BCD from Command Prompt. After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.
What causes boot BCD error?
One of the most common causes of this error is the BCD that became missing or corrupt. That could happen because of disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.
What is a BCD error?
The BCD holds important boot-related information including the list of the available operating systems. ADVERTISEMENT. In short, it stores vital boot information required to start Windows. If the BCD is missing, corrupt or altered, Windows may not start properly anymore but display the Recovery screen at the top.
How do I fix error code d000014c?
Windows Recovery Environment Your PC needs to be repaired The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: BootBCD Error code: 0x000014c You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.
What does rebuild BCD do?
/RebuildBcd This option scans all disks for installations that are compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Additionally, it lets you select the installations that you want to add to the BCD store. Use this option when you must completely rebuild the BCD store.
Where is boot BCD located?
Where is the BCD file in Windows 10? It is stored in a file in folder “Boot”. The full path to this file is “[active partition]BootBCD”. For UEFI boot, the BCD file is located at /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD on the EFI System Partition.
How do I edit BCD?
BCDEdit on Windows 10
- Insert the Windows 10 media.
- Restart the computer and boot from the DVD/USB.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type: bcdedit.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I find BCD files?
The BCD information resides in a data file named bootmgfw. efi in the EFI partition in the EFIMicrosoftBoot folder. You will also find a copy of this file in the Windows Side-by-Side (WinSxS) directory hierarchy.