There are several reasons a disc may not play in the Blu-ray player. A dirty or scratched disc is the most obvious cause, but an incorrect region code or configuration of your home theater system can be the reason as well. Whether you’re having trouble with 4K or 3D, Blu-ray or DVD, there is a fix.
- 1 Why does my DVD player keep saying error?
- 2 How do you reset a Samsung Blu-ray player?
- 3 Why is my Samsung Blu-ray player not working?
- 4 How do you fix a Blu-ray that won’t play?
- 5 Why is the DVD player not reading the disc?
- 6 How do you fix a DVD player error?
- 7 How can I update my Samsung Blu-ray player?
- 8 Why is there no sound from my Blu-ray player?
- 9 How do I update Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray player?
- 10 How do I fix my Samsung DVD player that won’t open?
- 11 Is there a fix for Samsung Blu-Ray player boot loop?
- 12 Where is the eject button on a Samsung Blu-Ray player?
- 13 How do I update my Blu-ray player?
- 14 How long do Blu-Ray players last?
Why does my DVD player keep saying error?
If you’re really unlucky, your DVD player might be defective. However, more often than not, a scratched or smudged disc or a dirty laser lens in the player is usually the cause of the error, and is something you may be able to fix in a few minutes.
How do you reset a Samsung Blu-ray player?
How to Reset a Samsung Blu-Ray Player
- Make sure there is no disc in the player.
- Press and hold the Eject button on the device for at least 8 seconds.
- On the screen you will see a message that the device is being reset.
- The player will automatically power off and reset then it will show the initial setup screen.
Why is my Samsung Blu-ray player not working?
Attempt a power reset by pressing and holding the Fast Forward button for more than 5 seconds. All of the player’s settings will be reset to their factory settings. If the power does not turn off, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for one minute, and then plug the cord back in.
How do you fix a Blu-ray that won’t play?
Power reset the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Remove the disc from the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Unplug the power cord of the Blu-ray Disc player from the electrical outlet.
- Let the player remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
Why is the DVD player not reading the disc?
Use a soft cloth to clean the disc; the disc may have fingerprints or smudges. Examine the disc for any cracks or scratches that might be interfering with playback. Make sure the disc playback is not restricted by parental control options. Make sure the DVD disc is compatible with the player.
How do you fix a DVD player error?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press “Play” to see if cleaning the disc fixes the “NO DISC” error.
How can I update my Samsung Blu-ray player?
- From the Home screen, navigate to and select Settings.
- The Settings menu screen appears. Select Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Update Now.
- The Blu-ray player will begin updating the software momentarily.
- You have completed the steps.
Why is there no sound from my Blu-ray player?
Check the TV’s sound output mode to ensure the internal speakers are set to ON and that the volume is not muted. Try to unplug the Blu-ray Player, then plug it back in again. Test the A/V cable on a different device, or try to use a known working cable on this Blu-ray Player. If the issue persists, Scedule a Repair.
How do I update Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray player?
Unplug your Blu-ray player from power for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds have passed, plug it back in and turn it on. When prompted to upgrade the device software, select Yes. Once the download is complete, locate the Netflix app and connect your Samsung device to your Netflix account.
How do I fix my Samsung DVD player that won’t open?
Disc tray won’t open on Blu-ray or home theater system
- Press Stop. Press the Stop button on either the remote or the player itself.
- Turn the lock off. The Blu-ray player may be in LOCK ON mode, which would prevent the tray from opening.
- Power cycle the player, and try again.
- Reset the Blu-ray player.
Is there a fix for Samsung Blu-Ray player boot loop?
There is no software fix. “We are aware of the boot loop issue that appeared on certain 2015 Samsung Blu-Ray players and are offering free mail-in repairs to customers who have been impacted,” a representative of the mega-manufacturer said in a Samsung forum post.
Generally speaking, you can find the typical buttons on the Samsung Blu-ray player, including Stop, Play, Pause, Power on/off, Eject, load and so on. Press and hold the Eject button on the device for at least 8 seconds. There is a hole below the bottom chassis.
How do I update my Blu-ray player?
Power on the Blu-ray Disc player. If there is a disc in the player, please remove the disc. At the Home Screen menu, use the arrow keys on the remote control to select Setup – Software Update and then press the ENTER button. A New Software Version available message will be prompted.
How long do Blu-Ray players last?
Blu-ray Players: Rest in Peace Sure, families will replace the device after about six years, but they’ll do so with Netflix, HBO Go and Apple TV, not more discs and Blu-ray features. And even if they don’t, they can always just use their PS4s or Xbox Ones.